Really nice! :)
A few good and less good points :
- The overall relaxing ambiance is really well thought!
- The wood sounds at the beginning are a good idea but they don't follow the rhythm, which makes them sound random
- The music evolves slowly, which could be annoying in an other song type; but since this is ambient, it was a good idea :)
- Talking about evolution, the music is neither repetitive nor feels like it's randomly put together; it all feels the same, nice job on this! ^^
- Around 8:10 and for a few minutes, the instruments fade away and leave the drums alone; it didn't feel as relaxing as the rest of the song. The instrument that plays a single chord for something like 8 measures also fell slightly annoying, and the melody could have been a bit more varied. This is only a minor problem, though; it did not affect much the quality of the song ;)
- The fade out ending doesn't really sound like an ending :/ But I understand it's hard to find a good ending for that kind of song
Finally, I stayed for the whole 14 minutes and I don't consider it as wasted time :) Even though I prefer the first half of the song, it overall felt very relaxing and is pleasant to listen to :D
Keep up the good work! ^^
Cool song :)
I would have a few suggestions to improve your next tracks :
- Try bringing in the drums a bit earlier, they help making a song feel more "complete" ;) 2 minutes is a bit long for an "introduction", I felt like the music didn't bring me anywhere and could've been an ambient track or something :)
- The hats don't fit well in my opinion, try either changing them or removing them completely ;) (I would have to hear the result before saying I'm sure, but I feel it could sound better without them)
Other than that, great work! I like the overall atmosphere :D
Keep up the good work!
Nice song! I like the horror/dungeon-like feeling at the beginning :)
I would only have two improvements to suggest :
- The piano at the beginning felt a bit repetitive, try varying the melody a little ;)
- The instrument choice at 0:39 didn't fit the theme at all... It feels more like a TV news introduction music XD I suggest you try using instruments relative to the music ambiance (in this case, I can recommend : bells, chorus, chill pads, chimes and stuff like that)
Other than this, great job! ^^
Well, thanks a lot for the review and support :D <3
Nice song! I like the videogame feeling throughout the song :)
Cool song :) The ambiance is really well made, I can easily imagine a horror house while listening to this ;)
My only suggestion would be to improve the drop; it felt a bit basic/random. However, unlike many dubstep songs I heard, it doesn't break the ambiance, so I didn't take out any stars for that :) But if you intend to make similar dubstep drops in the future, I suggest you make them more invasive/powerful ;)
Overall, good job! :)
The second drop is more powerful :P
I'm happy that you enjoyed it!
Nice song! I like that videogame feeling :D
Nice song! I like the alternating sad and hope feelings :D Good job! :)
Really nice! I love the chilling ambiance :D
The only problem I have with this song is the dubstep drop (especially the bass) : it sounds way too sci-fi compared to the rest of the song. I know it's kind of your style, but this time I felt kind of like if a space octopus spawned in an old 17th-century mansion :D (Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it doesn't fit at all with the rest of the song. My opinion.) The drop at 3:54 sounds correct, though :)
Ignoring the sci-fi bass from 2:10 to 3:00, the song has an awesome majestic atmosphere that held my attention for the whole song. Great work!
Nice song! The only improvable point I see is the melody at the beginning; it feels a bit too repetitive. Try varying it a little more (at least after the first four measures). For the ending, it feels like it would need a crash cymbal, or some other transition effect. The rest was really good! I like the build-up & drop around 1:24 and the "madness"-ish effect at 2:44 :)
Thanks for the advice! I see what you mean by the beginning is too repetitive. And I'm not a big fan of crash cymbals, so that's why you might notice a lot of crash cymbals in my songs, but I'll try to add some in future songs.
Thanks again :)
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.