Survive Survive

This is a beginning. What is done is good but there is place for improvements.

The gameplay makes the game too boring. You just shoot zombies, like that, forever - and it's way too easy, even in hard mode. It would be better if :
- 1) Pickups spawn less frequently (Hard mode has, like, 10 pickups simultaneously on the screen; I had 100 health and bonus weapon all the time);
- 2) The game was a little harder (or would get harder and harder as time goes) and, mostly,
- 3) The game could be wave-based (it might seem a bit far from the original idea, but I feel it could make the game more fun to play). Not only it would make it easier to progressively increase the difficulty (more/stronger zombies each wave), but it would also allow some variety in the enemies. Some random ideas : You can make zombie that takes several shots to kill, zombies that go faster, or even bosses.

Example : wave 1 starts with a few 1-shot-killed zombies, wave 2 goes with a greater amount of these, then wave 3 introduces stronger zombies, then a few waves later fast zombies are introduced, then the next one mixes all zombie types introduced yet, and each, like, 10 waves, there's a boss.
(Yes, that's classic and ordinary, but I feel it would already help making the game more fun to play. Also, you might have a completely different idea to enhance the game, what I wrote is just an example or a suggestion.)

Art is correct. It's not impressive, but it's not bad. If you choose to follow the example above, you could make a different texture for each zombie type.

Overall, it looks like it started from a good idea but it would need much more development. The current game is basic and get boring way too quickly, since after a few minutes, the player doesn't discover any new challenge. I suggest you add much more mechanics to the game to liven it up a bit :)

brunuu responds:

Yes, I'll have it all in my mind for a sequel to this game. This game is already old, at the time I was still learning the basics of pixel art.

Castle Wars 2.5 Castle Wars 2.5

Cool game!

I remember playing the original Castle Wars years ago on some website, and it was fun to re-discover the game with this new version!

The gameplay is smooth, the art is satisfying, and even though the rules seemed a bit complex when I first read the tutorial, I quickly understood and I became nearly addicted to the game :D

Keep up the good work! :)

Viewpoint - A Game of Perspective Viewpoint - A Game of Perspective

Very well made!

I really like the concept of the game, it's original and addictive :D
The simple graphics and the mechanics that progressively increase the difficulty helps making this game an awesome challenge :)

One of my favorite games yet. Keep up the good work! :D

Detious - Hypersphere Detious - Hypersphere

I really like the atmosphere of the song! The description/story fits so well to the theme :D

DetiousMusic responds:

Thanks a lot! I always try and find a theme that fits :)

KerteX - What Would Happen? KerteX - What Would Happen?

Idk how many times I've been listening to this, but I think it's time to leave a review :)

I usually don't really like dubstep, but I have to say this track impressed me the first time I listened, and still does today :D I particularly like the dark ambiance of the song; each time I listen to it, I imagine either an old deactivated factory, or an old mining facility, or anything that implies some machinery in darkness that was inactive for a long time and got re-activated :)

One really good point I noticed : in the beginning, you used and instrument/sequence you never re-used later in the song. That's what made me press that play button again after listening to it a first time. And I pressed it again, and again, until I became kinda addicted to the song :D

Easily deserves 5 stars in my opinion. I usually find some improvable points, but I honestly think the good points largely covers the problems ;)

Keep up the good work! :D

Theory Of Everything 3 (Desx Remix) Theory Of Everything 3 (Desx Remix)

Cool song :)

There are a few things that would need improvements. In my opinion, you should have used a piano as main instrument, and you should have used more bass outside the drop.

On the other hand, I can see you put effort in this song. I do see some elements from the ToE's, such as slow drop vs. fast drop. Also, the overall feeling is not so bad :)

I think 3.5-4 stars would be a good score; I round it up because I see some "low-scoring" (Idk what's the word) reviews justified with "sounds bad" and no further detail or suggestions. I believe your efforts deserve some recognition. But keep trying, that's how you learn and become good! ;)